Spanish Royal Family Honors Mikel Arteta with Top Award

Mikel Arteta Honoured with the Spanish Award: The Royal Order of Isabella the Catholica

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta was honored in Spain with the Royal Order of Isabella the Catholic


This is a Spanish civil order of chivalry and honor, granted by the King of Spain and the Grand Chancellor, the Minister of Foreign Affairs.


This order was established in 1815 and is granted to people and institutions for their extraordinary services to Spain or for the promotion of international relations and cooperation with other nations.


Mikel was presented with the order at the Spanish Embassy in London 15th May, 2024, with his family, friends and key personnel from Arsenal in attendance to share the moment with him.


Afterwards Mikel said: “I am both humbled and honoured to receive The Royal Order of Isabella the Catholic. I would like to take this opportunity on behalf of myself and my family to send my sincere gratitude and thanks to the King of Spain and the Grand Chancellor, the Minister of Foreign Affairs.


Mikel Arteta Giving his voteof thanks After recieving the prestigeous Spanish Award of The Royal Order of Isabella the Catholica

“It is a truly wonderful moment to accept this award today at the Embassy of Spain in London, together with so many people who have been inspirational to me during my life.


Mikel Arteta shared his gratitude, dedicating the award to those who have supported him throughout his journey, saying: “This prestigious award bestowed on me is dedicated to all the special people in my life who have shaped my journey so far, helping me through challenges and celebrating the successes together."


Also read: "Arsenal's high-pressure tactics forced Manchester City to elevate their game"-Pep Guardiola


“Finally, none of this would have been possible without my beautiful family. I thank you. I love you.” The Spanish ambassador to the UK, Jose Pascual Marco, praised Mikel, saying: "Honoring Mikel Arteta with the Officer's Cross of the Order of Isabel la Catolica is a true pleasure. Throughout his remarkable career as a player and now as Arsenal manager, he has demonstrated exceptional leadership and unwavering sportsmanship.


"Mikel has earned the admiration and affection of both the Spanish and British football communities. Through the universal language of football, he has strengthened the bond between our two nations."


"We extend our warmest congratulations to Mikel, a truly deserving recipient of this honor. We are all incredibly proud of his achievements."


Post a Comment

0 Comments